Google Webmaster Tools (GWT) is the primary mechanism for Google to communicate with its webmasters. It helps you to identify issues with your site and can even let you know if it has been infected with any threat of malware or anything. It’s absolutely free.
GWT is a set of tools for webmasters. It is a very useful tool set that allows you to communicate with Google and adjust many aspects as of how Google sees your site, such as list the external and internal links to your site, adjust the crawl rate at which Google bot indexes your site, check the keywords users typed to land on your site, as well as to see your site's statistics, and much more.
If one uses Webmaster Tools along with Google Analytics, the results will turn out to be even better. You can also access your Webmaster Tools data directly from Google Analytics, so if you are already using Google Analytics, you could easily integrate it with Google Webmaster Tools, as well.
Webmaster tool is very much helpful in the SEO process as well. The very 1st process in Search Engine Optimization is webmaster registration and website submission. After that, one has to prove the authorship of his or her website by doing the verification process. After verification, they can see all the website related data in the dashboard. One cannot start SEO without webmaster tool; it will help a lot.
Benefits of Webmaster Tools-
Google Webmaster Tool can help one a lot, some benefits of GWMT are-
1. You can check crawl errors like if Google bots are getting some error while crawling your site like 404, Soft 404, DNS Error etc.
2. One can also geographically target your website likewise if you want to target India; you can set India as your target and vice versa.
3. You can demote site links which you don't want.
4. If you are having an ecommerce site & you don't want some parameters to crawl, you can add that parameter.
5. You can give access to users like your seo agency or employees.
6. You can check how many pages been crawled by Google bot in a day via graph.
7. You can block URLs which you don't want Google to crawl.
8. You can check any of your pages to check whether it is index able or not.
9. You can check how many pages of your site been indexed.
10. You can see if your site is affected by malware or something.
11. You can see which queries people are searching on Google to visit your site. How many clicks that query is getting? What is the Avg. Position? What is the CTR you are getting?
12. You can see how many outbound links you are getting.
13. You can check your own internal links.
14. The main benefit of GWMT is submitting sitemap of your site, so that Google bot can crawl your pages which he won't.
15. You can remove URLs which is indexed by mistake.
16. If you are into ecommerce, you can check how many duplicate title tags, Meta descriptions, short title tags, missing title tags etc. are there.
17. Again if you are into ecommerce, you can structure data in your page so that Google can detect & give specific results to users.
18. You can link Google Merchant Centre, Analytics with your GWMT.
19. You can check author stats on your blog post etc.
20. There are other resources also which you can see to help you in using most of GWMT.
Few of the Benefits are explained below:
1. Helps one see their Website the Way Google Sees it
If one is aiming for higher search engine rankings, then they need to be able to look at your website objectively or the way Google looks at it.
GWT tools provide info on matter like search queries that has had helped other people find your website, traffic statistics, possible tweaks that could help betterment of your website ranking, number of links pointing to your website and those within your website, number of indexed URLs and much more. Think of it as a powerful tool for an SEO audit and one that helps prevent the common SEO mistakes that people routinely make, if you follow of its recommendations.
2. Spots Errors that could Cost One their Rankings
Many factors affect your website’s ability to get ranked on search engines. For example, Google also considers things like speed of page loading, error frequency and poor website wide linking. Thus, when Google’s query bots or crawlers visits your website, it logs crawl errors, site errors, crawl stats, and so on.
All of these contribute to the factors as of how high your website will get ranked and vice versa. Using webmaster tools, one can easily detect pages with specific issues and make the necessary corrections immediately. Hacked websites or the websites infected with malware will also get a notification on their dashboard.
3. Real Time Data on Your Sit Indexes and Crawls
It’s much easier to spot real time changes on your website by just refreshing the dashboard when you’re logged into the webmaster. The tools will help you effect changes almost immediately and track/show their impact on your website in real time.
For instance, if you changed your title tag from SEO to Devon SEO and want it to reflect almost immediately, you can submit the site using the ‘Submit to Index’ tool and see the changes go live in real time. It’s simply amazing to watch.
4. Helps to spot Duplicate Content Issues
Google is seriously cracking down duplicate content. In fact, sites with such duplicate content are typically avoided or de-ranked by Google itself. Using webmaster tool therefore can often help view links to content on your website that is not selected.
If its number is low, then probably it is not a matter of concern. But if it’s on the increase, then it could be a pointer to the fact that you have duplicated content issue on your website.
5. Tracks the Traffic performance and Ranking Metrics
It is also great for tracking traffic growth and ranking metrics. With the data one can easily measure its website’s popularity and growth.
You’ll mostly find information like number of impressions like the number of times your website showed up for certain keywords and for certain search queries, how many times people clicked through to your website, what keywords your website is ranking for, your position on the search engines for specific keywords, and vice versa.
Request For Call